For those going to SDCC, the massive Comic Con happening this weekend, we have compiled a list of tips and helpful resources to help make your experience better.
This past Sunday I headed out to TooManyGames in Oaks, Pennsylvania. TooManyGames is a gaming convention that caters to several types of games, including classic and modern video games, collectible card games, and even gaming music. It was held May 6 - 8, 2011 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.
Read All: TooManyGames 2011 Convention Report
Last year, one of my favorite conventions ended up being The Steampunk World's Fair (SWF). It was brand new, and the first steampunk convention in my area of the northeast, so I knew I just had to attend. I ended up going with fellow Convention Fans Blog contributor Dan Fowler, and we had an absolute blast. We started looking forward to SWF 2011 almost as soon as 2010's had ended.
Contagion: Outbreak! is a new pop culture convention that took place in Omaha from June 10 - 12. I was only able to attend on Saturday this year, but I definitely plan to go back for the entire weekend next year.
ORLANDO, FL (July 7, 2014) - Anime Festival Orlando is proud to announce the guest lineup for its fifteenth annual convention, taking place July 25 – July 27 at the Wyndham Orlando Resort on International Drive!
Read All: AFO Announces Guests
Baltimore, MD (June 19, 2014) – Animation director Hidenori Matsubara will be appearing at
Baltimore, MD (June 15, 2014) – Voice actress Saori Hayami will make her first U.S. anime convention appearance this summer at Otakon 2014. Otakorp, Inc. is pleased to announce Hayami has been added to the Otakon 2014 guest roster.
Ahh KokuManga! KokuManga was our second con of the season this year. We started out east on Interstate 40 early Friday morning March 29, 2014 for the two day con. After a short drive of only 2 hours we arrived at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Johnson City Tennessee. Home of KokuManga! The Holiday Inn was very nice. The rooms were excellent, very roomy with big fluffy pillows, not those little thin ones, and the staff was very helpful and friendly.
Read All: KokuManga 2014 Review
San Jose, CA (April 3rd, 2014) – FanimeCon has announced today that Japanese Hip-Hop group, HOME MADE KAZOKU will be the headlining musical guest for this year's MusicFest (held at FanimeCon during Memorial Day weekend, May 23-26).
Read All: FanimeCon Announces HOME MADE KAZOKU
- GaymerX Year 4 set to shake things up in Santa Clara this weekend
- Sci-Fi Scarborough welcomes Torchwood star
- New York City anime convention announces first six guests.
- Adventure Time and Steven Universe at Anime Midwest
- Otakon kicks off with Otakon Matsuri
- Ways for Comic Con to improve
- MomoCon 2014 Review
- Adventures at Dragon Con 2014
- World Sci-Fi Con announces 1939 Retro Hugo Award winners
- Anime Taiga Con is coming to Atlanta 2015
- Helpful resources for Comic Con attendees
- TooManyGames 2011 Convention Report
- Convention Report: The Steampunk World’s Fair 2011
- Contagion: Outbreak! 2011 Convention Report
- Wizard World Philly 2011 Convention Report
- AFO Announces Guests
- Otakorp, Inc. Welcomes Back Animation Director Hidenori Matsubara
- Saori Hayami to make first US appearance at Otakon