Saturday, the 20-year-running Otakon convention kicked it up into high gear with a day packed with events. It was clear that big concerts is what Otakon does best.
Read All: Otakon 2013 Review
The Faulkner County Library is proud to announce ComiCon-way, Arkansas’ premier comic, anime, sci-fi and gaming convention on November 8, 9 and 10, 2013. We at the Faulkner County Library serve our patrons through educational and literary opportunities that encourage the use of imagination, creativity and intellectual freedom. As one of these opportunities, ComiCon-way is free and open to the public.
This past weekend at the second-largest anime convention in the country, anime musicians "L33tStr33t Boys," premiered their newest music video to a packed room of cheering fans.
The second-largest anime convention in the country has brought 30,000 nerds and fans of Japanese animation and culture to Baltimore, Maryland this weekend. Labeling itself as a "convention of the Otaku generation," Otakon, being twenty, is indeed almost a whole generation old. Otakon tries to ensure that old does not mean stale, keeping themselves fresh with new leaders every couple of years.
Read All: Otakon Day One
Los Angeles, CA - July 18, 2013 - Join us as Head Designer Mari Nakamura of Juliette et Justine, one of the most sought after brands of Classic Lolita Fashion, comes to the US for the first time. The line will be featured in Pacific Media Expo 2013’s special 10th Fashion Show and with PMX Fashion Boutique. Dates and times of all events TBD.
Baltimore, MD (July 17, 2013) – Otakon is proud to welcome back Producer Masayuki Ozaki.
Minneapolis, MN - March 31, 2013 - The most exciting event to hit Minneapolis is excited to announce that actor Eric Roberts will be appearing at the 2013 Minneapolis Comic Con, Meta Con, this August. Eric Roberts is famous for numerous movie and TV roles, including the role of Sal Maroni in The Dark Knight, which was the fourteenth highest-grossing film of all time.
Bloomington, MN - February 22, 2013 - AniMinneapolis, a Minneapolis anime convention, is excited to announce that voice actor Monica Rial will be appearing at AniMinneapolis from June 28-30, 2013 at the Doubletree by Hilton in Bloomington, Minnesota. AniMinneapolis brings over 3,000 anime fans together to celebrate during a weekend of events, concerts, anime screenings, cosplay, and special guests.
Read All: AniMinneapolis Announces Monica Rial
Otakon, the second-largest anime convention in North America, announced today that there will be a second Otakon convention happening annually, with the second reaching west coast fans in Las Vegas.
WASHINGTON, D.C., Feb 14, 2013 – Awesome Conventions LLC welcomes Billy West, Ernie Hudson, and Phil LaMarr to the Washington Convention Center for the first annual Awesome Con D.C. on April 20-21, 2013.
- GaymerX Year 4 set to shake things up in Santa Clara this weekend
- Sci-Fi Scarborough welcomes Torchwood star
- New York City anime convention announces first six guests.
- Adventure Time and Steven Universe at Anime Midwest
- Otakon kicks off with Otakon Matsuri
- Ways for Comic Con to improve
- MomoCon 2014 Review
- Adventures at Dragon Con 2014
- World Sci-Fi Con announces 1939 Retro Hugo Award winners
- Anime Taiga Con is coming to Atlanta 2015
- Helpful resources for Comic Con attendees
- TooManyGames 2011 Convention Report
- Convention Report: The Steampunk World’s Fair 2011
- Contagion: Outbreak! 2011 Convention Report
- Wizard World Philly 2011 Convention Report
- AFO Announces Guests
- Otakorp, Inc. Welcomes Back Animation Director Hidenori Matsubara
- Saori Hayami to make first US appearance at Otakon