Anime-zing!'s second year started off with opening ceremonies, where some guests like Johnny Yong Bosch and Eyeshine were introduced. The other guests also included Sonny Strait and Robert Axelrod. They also introduced a formal dance and rave poi-light instructor named Jessie Eckles. Not long after that did Johnny star in his own panel "Here's Johnny... Yong Bosch!" It was great and the audience of over 250 fans seemed to love him.
The Enthusiasts covered the convention and took video.
It only took on average 5 minutes to get through registration. Badges included a special feature that indicated attendee's ages as well. The convention was really well organized, with large schedule signs posted near the registration desk and inside the exhibit hall, which was huge. There were almost twenty vendors, conventions, and artists featured in the RiverCenter's huge exhibitor hall. The convention also had an excellent ConSuite, which gave attendees unlimited amounts of ramen and soda.
The convention got what looked like about 600 attendees from what I counted. The convention officially announced numbers of about 580 paying members. A couple attendees said that they thought there were fewer, because the convention center looked so empty. However I saw multiple event rooms packed all weekend, with concurrent panel rooms both filled to capacity. It was a huge place, and it did look empty when no one was in the hallways.
The convention had one of the best convention raves I had been to, musically. The DJ was awesome, and with the lights and fog machine the place looked amazing. The room was far too big, though, and it almost seemed empty despite having nearly 300 people dancing. I'm told they've got a smaller room for next year, which will be at the Clarion in Davenport, IA.
I'm looking forward to Anime-zing!'s 2012 convention. They did an excellent job of being organized and having things run on time for a second year convention. It could easily be compared to many larger conventions. The only thing this con needs is a few more people, and it would easily be one of the top five conventions I've attended. I highly recommend checking it out.
- Minneapolis Comic Con announces Eric Roberts
- AniMinneapolis Announces Monica Rial
- Otakon Announces Second Convention in Vegas
- Awesome Con D.C. Announces Celebrity Guests
- Shuto Con Announces Final Dragon Ball Reunion Lineup
- Anime Midwest Presents Steam Powered Giraffe in 2013
- Thousands Celebrate Ohayocon 2013
- Vic Mignogna to attend Otakon 2013
- Maile Flanagan Returns to Otakon
- GLaDOS to Appear at Anime Midwest
- Nobuo Uematsu to attend Anime Milwaukee
- DaishoCon Brings Gaming and Anime Fans Together
- Animate! Miami Announces My Little Pony: FiM Guests
- Shuto Con Announces Dragon Ball Guests
- John de Lancie, Kevin Eastman Going To New Orleans Comic Con
- Baltimore Comic-Con 2013 Announces First Guests
- Delta H Con Announces Guests
- LeetStreet Boys to premiere "Cosplay Girlfriend" music video at Bakuretsu Con 2012